Cozumel’s weather expectations
- The average daily air temperature on Cozumel is 80 degrees (27°C).
- In July/August, the highs range from the upper 80s to the low 90s.(32°C)
- In December and January, the daytime temperatures average in the mid-70s.(24° C.)
- Winter Months: Cold fronts may create windy, cloudy and cooler weather. Afternoon thunderstorms are common, usually lasting for an hour.
- Water temperatures range from 77°-82°F (25°-28°C) throughout the year.
Clothing at the Caribbean coast is very casual no ties are required anywhere. Some upscale restaurants do have a medium dress code.
During the winter months, we suggest you bring light sweater with you. Comfortable, flat-heeled walking shoes, such as sneakers, are recommended all year round so that you can safely explore the archaeological zones and islands.